* Caution: there is a large number of photos in this entry.*
Hey, all you people out on the Internet through your homes, iPhones, etc.! Faith here, for another random update on what we like to call LIFE.
So, not much else going on here save for the usual Steampunk blog entries. Hope I am not boring all of you yet with them and that you are learning some new, interesting things with their updates. I am actually in the process of starting up a 4H Steampunk club, and that's consuming much of time as well as planning out a 21st birthday party with the same theme in mind (goodness I take on too many projects at once).
Finals for me are done, very happy with that! So far my final grades for the sememster are all A's, so I'm hoping that the good grade streak is perfect. With the ending of classes, I can get back to doing crafting, enjoying life and being a general derp.
And of course, there's costuming.
Amaterasu is coming along spectacularily! She's almost done, with the sleeves having to be painted and that's it.
Really, I couldn't be any happier with her results so far. I first debut the unfinished work at the Sakura Matsuri at the Brooklyn Botanical Gardens this May, and much to my surprise, our small group of Celestial Brush Gods were actually recognized a good bit. We were constantly stopped to have pictures taken of us, with people freaking out a bit after they realized what game we were from and the individual characters we represented. The sleeves in the photo weren't painted, but the finished result will have them decked out with clouds and sakura petals, and I will be toting around a large sumi brush.
I definetly need to get different shoes for AnimeNEXT though: the ones I wore killed my feet, and while they had me tall enough to not get the dress dragging along in the dirt, I dont want to come home with huge blisters. Anybody have ideas for that part?
For anyone else attending AnimeNEXT, my cosplays being worn will consist of Twilight Sparkle from My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, Kusuriuri or NyanCat on Friday and Sunday, and Amaterasu will be bought out all day Saturday morning and afternoon.
Major Projects Numbers 2 and 3 are for my Steampunk 'Technomage' costume, which is still in the start process of. The character, or 'Steamsona' I am working on has a vast knowledge of sciences so advanced, that to the untrained eye they seem supernatural. Those who understand these scientific ways are known as Technomages. What you see here are my two main props for the costume, a book box and a modded Nerf gun. The book I have named The Cosmic Machine and the book, Chrysoprase. The book will have shelves in it so I can stock it with potion bottles and curiosities that a Technomage may need in her life.
Chrysoprase is named after a mineral which resembles jade: the Nerf gun is actually a SharpShot, with the ugly Nerf logos and caution logos pain-stakingly sanded off by hand. Spray painted with Krylon 'Satin' brown, it resembled a chocolate gun but with the 4 and the bulls-eye designs painted green, it no longer looks like something made by the Hershey company (at least as much). You can tell that a key color is going to be green but others which will be present include gold, black, and a lighter brown. The green bits will all glow in the dark as well.
Personally, I think it looks so much better then the original SharpShot: look it up for yourself for the hideous yellow-orange-black Halloween-ish color scheme.
And you think I have all my projects listed here? Wrong! There's a sign for the upcoming 4H club, inventory for a convention to make (especially since it's on Sunday!). May be good to say what the convention is called: it's the wonderous event known as CloverCon 2013.
OH JEEZ, where do I begin about it? CloverCon is a small little convention run every year in May, a few weeks before AnimeNEXT. It's run by young people, for young people and their family and friends. Completly youth-friendly, it offers everything about that a larger 'con has: panels, games, a cosplay catwalk, and even a Silent Auction which serves as a fundraiser the club does.
This is the third time I will be selling things at the event, and boy, is making the last of inventory and setting everything up for it crazy! It will be a fun time regardless, though, and I look forward every year to it!
For more information on CloverCon, visit the official convention page http://www.clovercon.org/.
Probably the next update will have more photos of the adventures at the Sakura Matsuri, a CloverCon summary with pictures or another Steampunk entry. Or something completly different, even! Stay tuned, stay curious, and always look on the bright side of life!
- Faith


No comments:
Post a Comment